SHoP is seeking a Legal Team Manager to lead management, preparation and organization of all legal documents including Contracts, Proposals, Additional Service Requests (ASR) and Sub Agreements with third party consultants. As the Legal Team Manager, you will be responsible for preparing completed proposals for existing or prospective projects, ensuring that all tender requirements have been considered and that potential uncertainties in the tender material have been clarified.
You will be working closely with SHoP’s Legal and Finance teams on the operations side as well as Project Managers and the Marketing Team on project specific items. You will coordinate directly the Director of Legal Affairs and an Associate Principal and Partner in charge of legal and administration matters.
• Manage the project legal documentation process with assistance from SHoP’s Director of Legal Affairs and Legal Team;
• Lead the execution of necessary legal documents during the project selection and commencement process with the assistance of the Legal Team and project team leaders who will provide key project specific inputs;
• Assist the Legal Team on preparation of AIA contracts and management of the AIA software/database and review of form contracts provided by clients on awarded projects;
• Manage the execution of sub-agreements with consultants, including documentation, exhibits and COIs as required;
• Manage the preparation and documentation for contract amendments for projects, namely change orders/ASRs necessary during the design and contract administration process.
• Liaise with Business Development, project and Operations teams to review and compose the required corporate and legal documents and background information required for RFPs and new business;
• Manage the planning and collection of materials required for outgoing proposals and lead the gathering and organization for outstanding documents both internally and externally, with clients and consultants;
• Maintain weekly check in meetings with SHoP’s Legal, Finance teams and management to review open items and provide status updates;
• Support management to analyze, identify and present project specific risks and opportunities;
• Manage the legal database folders and hard copy documentation for existing projects;
• Coordinate written and visual representation of outgoing proposals and legal documents for office wide consistency; and
• Contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs.
Skills + Experience
• Experience in administration of the construction process.
• Strong time management and conflict resolution abilities.
• Has experience in contract writing and execution (though law degree not required.)
• Experience in the United States, Canada and internationally.
• Comfortable working while developing and optimizing internal procedures; an open approach to new ways of professional collaboration.
• Deep understanding of the architectural scope of services.
• Is fluent in English.
• Prefer 5+ years of experience working within the architectural design services field and 3 years minimum experience related to construction administration services.
• Holds a degree within a relevant field; a degree in Construction Management and/or Architecture is highly preferred.
About SHoP Architects
SHoP Architects is a world-renowned, innovative architecture firm located in downtown Manhattan.