• Demonstrated experience in railroad infrastructure maintenance, design and construction
• Demonstrated experience in project and program management
• Demonstrated strategic planning experience
• Demonstrated director level management experience in a matrix organization
• Demonstrated experience in managing large multi-project programs from planning phase through construction
• Demonstrated experience in developing design and construction documents and procurement packages
• Demonstrated experience in design and construction management using both internal and external engineering resources
• Extensive experience in maintenance, planning, and program management preferably in a railroad environment
• Must be able to motivate others and drive for results
• Experience in senior level communications and presentations
• Masters Degree or equivalent
• Professional engineer license or equivalent
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Education Requirements:Bachelors Degree
Travel Requirements:Up to 25%
Employment Experience Requirements:10 plus years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.