Licensed Professional Engineer Threshold Inspector to join our growing company and be part of a great team. The potential candidate will have the following experience and skills:
Experience in restoration of existing buildings and structures which would include performing forensics investigations, writing forensic reports, preparing specifications and drawings for repairs, performing field observations and managing field inspectors of restoration work in progress
Performing analysis and condition studies of existing structures, preparing plans, details and specifications, managing field inspectors, preparing open and close permit documents, some field work, and writing technical reports.
Preparing engineer cost estimates
Prepare and review preliminary and final plans and technical specifications, contract documents and estimates, and make recommendations for additions, deletions and substitutions when modifications are necessary.
Supervise and observe the design and ongoing progress of a project, including the coordination of the project with City, State and County officials and other outside agencies
Supervise the work of less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel assigned to the project.
Additional Experience and Education
Bachelors or Master’s Degree from ABET accredited institution with a focus in structural analysis
Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Florida
- Knowledge of Reinforced concrete, structural steel, masonry, aluminum and wood
- Team-oriented, enthusiastic, and self-motivated
- Knowledge of current FBC design codes and standards
- Minimum 5 Years of Experience
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal direction
- Time management skills and good organizational skills
- Proficiency in AUTOCAD, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Design of all structural members for buildings using reinforced concrete, masonry, wood, aluminum and structural steel
- Preparation of engineering calculations, and coordination of structural design with other engineering disciplines, building official, and contractors
- Review of shop drawings
- Responding to City Plan reviewer's comments and recommendations
- Participate in contract bidding and administration. Prepare studies and develop design plans for projects.
- Provide technical, design and oversight to less experienced engineers.
- Prepare proposal scope and cost estimates.
- Client presentations and general marketing efforts
Job Type: Full-time
- English as your native language
Required license or certification:
- Professional Engineer/ Special Inspector